Emily Guido, author of The Light-Bearer Series, has kindly nominated me for the Versatile Blogger and the Kreativ Blogger awards.
Being nominated means you have to follow certain rules such as: revealing seven interesting details about yourself, nominating others, displaying the awards, and recommending other blogs.
Being that I have not been blogging for very long, it was hard for me to nominate others. I will be updating the nominations till I have seven.
That said, I focused on creating a list of 27 resources for self-publishers that include information about aggregators, options for blog tours, and examples of great blogs.
Being nominated makes my heart flutter. Not only that, but Guido has graciously connected me with Simon Food Favourites, a food blog that is ranked number two by Urbanspoon.
Filled with gorgeous images of delicious selections, Simon also has an article posted on the history of the Kreativ Blogger award.
If you want to read about the Kreativ Blogger award or find exotic dishes to spice up yours and your characters’ love life, then check out Simon Food Favourites.
The Versatile Blogger asks me to list 15 websites and the Kreative Blogger award asks for 7 blogs. Combining the requirements allowed me to create a nice URL list that I hope you will find very useful.
Here are 7 things I know you do not know about me:
1. I am a theatre lover and performer
2. I love poetry:
Snippet of a poem I wrote in college.
Among things that irked, my husband wanted me to wear the burqa, the niqab.
A modern, white chef in sultry Miami, who would have known?
He beat me until my bones were globs
Of soy milk—not full, because we were vegetarians. Read more.
3. I should probably seek therapy for my Sunkist addiction.
4. I absolutely love, love, love diversity, so every book I write has characters from all walks of life interacting with each other.
5. I act out loud concepts for novels in front of my mirror.
6. Sushi, sushi, sushi – love me some Asian cuisine.
7. I drink water.
- Roxie Hanna – I wrote a wonderful article on the fun loving spirit of Roxie. Her blog is filled with must-know news and great “no-fee” writing opportunities.
- Vanessa Wu – I am not a fan of Erotica even though I am considering reading Fifty Shades Of Gray. Vanessa Wu’s interesting reviews piques my interest. Not to mention her headlines are always so vogue.
- DA Fletcher – Though a new blogger, it is interesting how this author ties in the main character of her novel to every blog post.
- Vickie King – She is an established author who gives an endearing look into her life as a writer.
- Lady Romp – This blog is a must, filled with inspiring stories of strong women.
- Miranda Baker – Her article Where Is The Sexy? won me over.
- Publishing Basics – Great resource on Self-Publishing
- Angelina Kace – love the menu titles
- Paranormal Romance Blog (Harlequin)
- Bare-Foot Executive – Though not a paranormal, UF, or romance blog, I thought the color scheme and clean design of this blog warranted being put on the list
- Mary Ann Reid and Alphanista – love the professional and clean appeal of this author’s website and blog
- Great resource on ISBN with comparison chart on aggregators, even though some of the information on aggregators is outdated.
- 12 Sites For Ebook publishing
- Check out David Carnoy’s article on Aggregators on CNET
Blog Tour Options
- Smart Bitches, Trashy Books – This is one of my favorite blog designs.
- The Bookish Brunette – If you like edgy banner design, this brunette can handle it.
- Book Soulmates
- Lola James
- Cupcake and a Latte
- Creative Deeds Reads
- All Thing Urban Fantasy
- Confessions of a Bookaholic
- Redheads Review It Better – for the steamier side of urban fantasy and romance
- The Book Vixen
- Obsession With Books
- Bewitching Book Tours
- Romance Book Craze
- The Bookshelf Chronicles
- TE Garden Of Books
- Fiction Vixen
- Dear Author
5 thoughts on “Nominated for awards: Sharing love by sharing self-publishing tips and resources”
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! It couldn’t have happened to a nicer person! Emily
I am definitely excited about it.
Wow, thanks for nominating my blog. You have put a huge amount of effort into this. It’s so complex! I love diversity too and your poem is really intriguing. It is past my bedtime but I will be back in daylight to explore. Vanessa.
I thought your blog was such a delight. Really like your style, so I had to nominate you. Thanks for reading my poem. That poem was written so long ago. Sometimes I wonder about the crazy things that go through my mind.